Somehow in packing, I carefully charged my camera batteries, put the charger in my suitcase but somehow the batteries don’t seem to have made it, so we started the day taking a taxi to a local mall (Plaza Low Yat) to buy batteries for my camera. Luckily, we found some but paid double the price. I thought I was so organized, NOT. Our guide picked us up at 2 PM for an 8-hour tour. We started with a visit to the Batu Caves , a series of limestone caves on the edge of the city and one of the most popular Hindu shrines outside of India. But, to enter the cave you must climb 272 steps just to reach the entrance. This is a lot of steps even under normal circumstances but add 90 temps and 90% humidity and it becomes a definite challenge. We slowly made our way to the top, surrounded by monkeys ready to steal items left unattended. This one snagged a baby bottle with milk and obviously knew what to do with it. Once inside, there...
Comments